Ways to Deal With Stress Without Drugs or Harmful Side Effects
Discover ways to deal with stress without taking medication with harmful side effects. Below you will find stress relief tips and home remedies that relieve stress naturally.A certain amount of stress provides stimulation, but prolonged stress can cause mental and physical damage.
Causes of stress:
Most of us think of tense situations and worries as being the cause of stress. In reality, they are wide ranging.
They include environmental stresses such as pollution, noise, housing problems, cold, or overheating; physical stresses, such as illnesses, injuries, an inadequate diet; and mental stresses, such as relationship problems, financial stresses, bereavement, and job difficulties.
How does stress affect health?
All these factors affect the body. Stress can lead to insomnia, depression, high blood pressure, hair loss, allergies, ulcers, heart diseases, digestive disorders, menstrual problems, palpitations,
TMJ and Headaches
Some ways to deal with stress are:
- GINSENG: An excellent "adaptogenic" herb, which means that it lifts you when you are tired and relaxes you when you are stressed.
It also works on the immune system and energizes.. (*Not to be taken in pregnancy)…(avoid with high blood pressure).
- CHAMOMILE: Soothes the nerves.
- STRESS-J: A natural product that promotes natural calming, supports proper stress mechanism function, aids proper digestion, and provides help for occasional stress relief.
This anti-stress formula provides nutrients to help facilitate proper function of the nervous system. The formula contains one of the most favored herbs of Europe, chamomile, which is known for its calming effects. This combination is designed for occasional stress relief.
It contains: Passion flower aerial parts, Fennel seeds, Feverfew aerial parts, Hops flowers, Chamomile flowers extract, and Marshmallow root extract.
Most of the ESSENTIAL OILS are good for stress. Here is some exceptional ones:
- FRANKINCENSE: Slows the breathing and calms the nervous and digestive systems, relieving anxiety, depression, nervous tension, emotional upsets, and stress-related digestive problems.
- GRAPEFRUIT OIL: As an antidepressant, it enlivens the mind, relieve anxiety, and combats nervous exhaustion.
- MARJORAM: A sedative and nerve tonic, which works to relieve nervous tension and promote restful sleep.
Vitamins and Minerals
Eating a good balanced diet will make your body stronger and able to cope more efficiently with stress.
- All of the B VITAMINS: Needed to help combat stress...so ensure that you are getting enough in your diet or take a good supplement
- NUTRI-CALM: A Nature’s Sunshine product designed to support the nervous system, especially under stress. It contains the B vitamins that are depleted during times of stress and anxiety reducing herbs.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Super Orac is full of antioxidants that provides key nutrients needed by the body to neutralize free radicals, helps prevent cellular damage, and boost immunity. Antioxidants are the body’s natural defense against free radicals. They scavenge them, “mopping up” free radicals before they have a chance to harm cells.
Traditional Home Remedies and Natural Solutions
- PUMKIN SEEDS: Contain high quantities of zinc, iron, and calcium, as well as B vitamins and proteins which are necessary for brain function
- OATS: Vital for a healthy nervous system. Under a lot of pressure? Start your day with oatmeal, which will keep you calm and prevent depression and debility
- EXERCISE: Walk, run, or workout. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress!
*NOTE: If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before trying any natural remedy.
See more natural remedies for stress and stress reducing tips!
Return to home page from "Ways to Deal With Stress"