Honey and Cinnamon
Can Prevent or Cure Many Diseases
Honey and Cinnamon is a great combination for relieving colds, fatigue, gas, and many other common illnesses. This often overlooked natural treatment for health concerns is probably available to you in your pantry right now. Here are some of the symptoms that can they can help improve.
Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada, on its issue dated 17 January, 1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists:
- ARTHRITIS: Take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- BAD BREATH: People of South America, first thing in the morning gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water. So their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
- BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.
- BLOOD SUGAR: Cinnamon can help reduce high blood sugar levels.
- CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours.
- COLDS : Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses.
- FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Dr. Milton who has done research says that a half tablespoon honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3.00 p.m. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.
- GAS: According to the studies done in India & Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.
- HAIR LOSS: Those suffering from hair loss or baldness, may apply a paste of warm olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath and keep it for approx. 15 min. and then wash the hair. It was found to be effective even if kept on for 5 minutes.
- HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, chapatti, or other bread, instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from a heart attack. Doing this process daily can also help those who have already had an attack to lessen their chances of having another one.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.
INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.
- INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient, which kills the influenza germs.
INSECT BITES : Take one part honey to two parts of lukewarm water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder, make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly. The pain should recede within a minute or two.
- LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly arrests the ravages of old age. Take 4 spoons of honey, 1 spoon of cinnamon powder and 3 cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.
PIMPLES: Make a paste of three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.
- SKIN INFECTIONS: Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected areas. Cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.
TOOTHACHE: Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth. This may be applied 3 times a day till the tooth stops aching.
- UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomachaches and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.
WEIGHT LOSS: Make a paste of 1 teaspoon of honey and Ĺ teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup. Add one cup of boiling water and cover the cup for half an hour. Stir..make sure itís cool and drink daily in the morning 1/2 hour before breakfast on an empty stomach and at night before sleeping.
Unpasteurized honey should not be eaten by pregnant women and because honey contains a certain bacterium that might be harmful in infants; it should never be fed to children younger than one year old. Otherwise it could lead to food poisoning.
Also to enjoy the full benefits of honey, you should use a cold-pressed variety because...just like many products that are heated for preservation and faster pouring; the healing elements of honey are destroyed during the process.
For those of you who are allergic to cinnamon or just do not like the taste of it, I have included another web page with just
honey home remedies.