Home Remedies for Insomnia and Restless Nights
Home remedies for insomnia can be just as effective as anything you buy at your local drugstore. These natural treatments to improve your sleep are also safer than many over the counter sleep medications.
Natural Sleep Aids - Herbs and Aromatherapy
Sip some herbal tea just before you go to bed...
Some good choices are:
- LEMON BALM
How to Cure Insomnia with Natural Solutions
- A MUSTARD FOOT BATH: Add 1 teaspoon of mustard powder to a bowl of hot water
- LETTUCE: Believe it or not, lettuce is an excellent natural sleep aid. Eat a large leaf about 1/2 an hour before bedtime.
- SET ASIDE SOME "QUIET TIME": An hour or so before going to bed, sit down for at least 10 minutes or so. Reflect on the day's activities. Review your stresses and problems. Try to work out solutions, Plan tomorrow's activities. Clear your mind. This is one of the best home remedies for insomnia when used consistently.
- EAT A LIGHT SNACK: Bread and fruit will do nicely an hour or two before you hit the hay.
- TAKE A HIKE: Get some exercise late in the afternoon or early in the evening. It shouldn't be too strenuous...a walk around the block will do just fine. Not only will it fatigue your muscles, but it will raise your body temperature. When that begins to fall, it may induce sleepiness.
Using herbal treatments for insomnia and other natural sleep aids can greatly improve sleep patterns without having to put chemicals into your body.
Keep trying various ideas to see what works for you.
*NOTE: If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before trying any natural remedy.Click Here for More Cures for Insomnia
Learn about the Causes of Insomnia Here
Return to the Home page from Home Remedies for Insomnia