12 Proven Home Remedies for Allergies
Discover effective home remedies for allergies, allergy signs, and how to prevent allergies.
Allergy symptoms include:
- recurring headaches
- hay fever
- a stuffy or runny nose
- shortness of breath
- and swelling of the face and eyes
Here are some home remedies for allergies:
- STINGING NETTLE: Drink Nettle tea to increase resistance to allergies.
- ELDERFLOWER: Excellent for catarrh and sinusitis.
- BEE POLLEN: One of the best herbs for allergies. Supports Respiratory Health. Bee Pollen, a true gift from Mother Nature, contains many essential nutrients.
As bees forage, the pollen mixes with nectar and accumulates in yellow granules on the bees’ legs. Pollen has a strong nutritional profile. It contains up to 35 percent complete protein, 22 amino acids, B vitamins, 27 mineral salts, trace elements and several enzymes.
Greeks called it the “nectar of the gods.”
*Note: Most essential oils should not be used during pregnancy...Please read labels before using.
CHAMOMILE, ROMAN: Place a few drops in a vaporizer or on a light bulb. Roman is used for its refreshing yet calming and soothing properties. LAVENDER OIL: Mixed in a carrier oil can be massaged into the chest. (Very gentle essential oil…but some hay fever or asthma suffers may be allergic) COMBINATION OF LAVENDER, TREE TEA, AND href="http://naturalremediesforbetterhealth.com/Eucalyptus.html">EUCALYPTUS OIL: An effective allergy treatment. Put a drop of each in a bowl of boiling water, place a towel over your head, and carefully inhale steam.
Traditional Home Remedies and Natural Solutions
- HONEY and APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Look for organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it. It looks like stringy globs of stuff floating around. The “mother” contains enzymes that can help with healing. Shake up the apple cider vinegar to distribute the mother throughout the vinegar, and drink 2 tablespoons in a cup of warm water, sweetened with local honey to reduce allergy symptoms, especially helpful during the hay fever season.
- RAW HONEY
An excellent treatment for 90% of allergies.(Eating a little local honey will sensitize you to pollens in the area...acting as a natural remedy for hay fever and all its symptoms. Will need to eat for several months to tell a difference )
- DETOXIFY: Fast between seasons to cleanse the system and prepare for changing weather and vegetation.
- PSYLLIUM HUSKS: Exceptionally effective in cleansing the walls of the intestinal tract which will help detoxify your body.
- ACUPRESSURE: Press one thumb against the fleshy part of your opposite hand, between the forefinger and the thumb (For 15 to 30 seconds) to help open up your sinuses. You can also press your fingertips to the sides of your nose, slightly above the nostrils, for about a minute at a time. Do the same thing to your sinuses, slightly above each eyebrow.
- NATURAL CLEANING PRODUCTS/HOMEMADE SCRUBS: Excess exposure to detergents and cleaning solutions may contribute to your allergies.
*NOTE: If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before trying any natural remedy.
You may also be interested in:
More Natural Remedies for Allergies
How to Deal With Migrain Headaches
How to Treat Skin Problems
Return to the Home Page