Heartburn Home Remedies to Soothe Heartburn and Indigestion
Effective heartburn home remedies to calm and soothe away your worse heartburn. These acid reflux natural treatments work quickly and are very effective.
Traditional Home Remedies and Natural Solutions
- ALOE VERA: One of the effective heartburn cures. Aloe Vera juice has been used in Europe for many years as a natural remedy for acid reflux. A quarter cup taken about 20 minutes before eating will help to soothe an irritated, inflamed esophagus.
However, don't try to squeeze the gel out of the leaves if you have an aloe vera plant, as it contains aloe latex, which is a strong laxative. Buy only aloe Vera juice or gel that specifically says it's for internal use.
- CUCUMBER: Drink cucumber juice or eat fresh cucumbers to soothe heartburn or to improve an acid stomach. You'll find this to be one of the most effective heartburn home remedies.
- ANGOSTURA BITTERS: A German study reported that gentian root found in Angostura Bitters combined with ginger root, wormwood, and cayenne was very effective at curing heartburn and indigestion.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: (This tastes pretty bad, but it one of the most effective heartburn remedies.) Taking an acidic substance like apple cider vinegar to treat acid reflux may seems counter-productive; however, many people do find it to be helpful for controlling heartburn This could be because it helps with digestion.
Look for organic apple cider vinegar with the "mother" in it. It looks like stringy globs of stuff floating around. The “mother” contains enzymes that can help with healing.
Shake up the apple cider vinegar to distribute the mother throughout the vinegar, and take one tablespoon before every meal
Some people have reported it helping in as little as three days, but usually it takes three to nine months to completely get rid of heartburn symptoms.
- LICORICE: A good hearburn cure. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice, or DGL, helps to stop heartburn by stimulating the production of the protective mucus that lines the digestive tract. This helps to protect the esophagus from stomach acid. It also boosts the immune system and is a very strong anti-inflammatory. It takes a while to tell a difference. So give it about a month before you judge whether or not it is working for you.
- GLUTAMINE: This amino acid is an anti-inflammatory that reduces the irritation that goes along with heartburn. It works by encouraging the production of new cells in the gastrointestinal tract, while helping to dispose of damaged cells. Faster healing of irritated tissue in the digestive tract is the result.
- ANTIOXIDANTS: Try to eat a diet rich in antioxidants. Found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Super Orac is full of antioxidants that provides key nutrients needed by the body to neutralize free radicals, helps prevent cellular damage, and boost immunity.
Combines eight powerful ingredients known to quench free radicals—decaffeinated green tea leaves, mangosteen pericarp extract, turmeric root, quercetin, resveratrol, apple extract, açaí berry extract and selenium.
Try these heartburn home remedies before resorting to any type of medication. You'll be surprised by their effectiveness as acid reflux natural treatments.
NOTE: If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before trying any natural remedy.
**Important: Persistent heartburn should not be ignored and should be evaluated by a physician.
You may also be interested in:
Natural Remedies for Heartburn
8 Simple Ways to Reduce Indigestion
Dealing with Indigestion During Pregnancy