Cure Your Headache Naturally With a Headache Home Remedy
Want some relief from that nagging headache or unbearable migraine?
Try a natural headache home remedy. They are effective and most of all SAFE!
Below are 18 proven headache home remedies for your headache pain relief.
The aromatherapy ones are quite popular, but use them with caution.
Use only pure essential oils and try small amounts until you can be sure it is working for you and not making your headache worse.
There are many effective natural cures for headaches. Experiment with some of the following and find one that works for you!
- Ginseng: For headache relief try taking ginseng. It helps the body cope with stress and replenishes energy, and most importantly for headache relief...boost circulation to the brain. (*Not to be taken in pregnancy)…(avoid with high blood pressure)
Soak your feet...
- A GINGER FOOT BATH: Add a piece of ginger root or 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger to a bowl of hot water
- A MUSTARD FOOT BATH: Add 1 teaspoon of mustard powder to a bowl of hot water
Sip some herbal tea...
Sitting down with a relaxing cup of mild herbal tea is often good for tension headaches. Some good choices are...
- Peppermint Oil: Put a couple of drops of peppermint oil in a cup of warm water.
- CHAMOMILE: (To use as a sedative-make a double strength tea, using 2 teaspoons of flowers or 2 tea bags. Use a covered vessel, so the steam does not escape).
- ROSE HIP
- VALERIAN ROOT(May induce sleep…use with caution.)
*Note: Most essential oils should not be used during pregnancy...Please read labels before using.
- ROSEWOOD OIL: Used to treat headaches especially when accompanied by nausea.
- MARJORAM: One of the more effectove headache cures. Warming and pain relieving. It is a sedative and nerve tonic. (Inhaling marjoram can help relieve headaches and migraines…add 3-4 drops to a bowl of hot water. Bend over bowl. Cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply for a few minutes).
- GRAPEFRUIT OIL: Blend a few drops of this essential oil with 1 teaspoon of carrier oil for a massage that will relieve the severity of a headache.
- BASIL: Vaporizer Blend for Migraine-Add 3 drops basil, 4 drops lavender oil, and 3 drops of peppermint oil to a vaporizer. Relax in a dark room and inhale deeply.
Vitamins and Minerals
Frequent headaches could be a signal that you are low on some important vitamins and minerals.
- NIACIN and ALL OF THE B VITAMINS: For headache relief and prevention of headaches...take a supplement such as Nutri-Calm. It is loaded with B vitamins and Niacin and other stress reducing herbs. These vitamins are easily lost in refining and cooking; they also can be washed from the body by coffee, tea, alcohol and heavy perspiration. Physically stressful conditions can also deplete the body of B vitamins.Low levels can cause headaches. The B vitamins are especially needed to help combat stress and avoid tension headaches.
- CALCIUM and MAGNESIUM: Provides nutrients that support the structural system and aids in the maintenance of teeth, bones, tendons and skin, supports the maintenance of a balanced pH and may offer benefits to the circulatory system to help prevent headaches.
Traditional Home Remedies and Natural Solutions
Some very basic things can help prevent or cure headaches...
- CABBAGE: A warm cabbage compress on the affected area, reduces the pain of a headache and some kinds of neuralgia. Drink raw cabbage juice 1-2 oz. (25-50ml) daily for chronic headaches.
- BAKING SODA: Blend 1 teaspoon with the juice of ˝ lemon and warm water. Drink every 15 minutes until the pain begins to recede.
- CORIANDER: Also know as "Cilantro" is good for headaches and neuralgia.
*NOTE: If you are pregnant, please consult your doctor before trying any natural remedy.
**IMPORTANT: Headaches with associated features such as double vision, projectile vomiting, weakness, paralysis, vertigo, or one-sided deafness require immediate medical attention.
You may also be interested in:
Natural treatment for migraine headaches
Home remedies for headaches
Treating the effects of stress