The Banana is an Amazing Fruit!
The health benefits of bananas are often overlooked. When compared to an apple…a banana has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrates, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals.
It is also very rich in potassium! Maybe they should change that old saying to "A banana a day...keeps the doctor away."
Because bananas contain three natural sugars: sucrose, fructose, and glucose combined with fiber, they can give us an instant, sustained boost of energy. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout.
But energy isn’t the only way this amazing fruit can help us…it can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illness and conditions:
- ANEMIA: Can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood because of its high iron content
BLOOD PRESSURE: Because it is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, it is perfect for lowering high blood pressure
- BRAIN POWER: research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making students more alert.
CONSTIPATION: Can help restore normal bowel action. (High in fiber)
- DEPRESSION: Because it contains tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, eating this fruit can help you relax, improve your mood, and generally make you feel happier.
- HEARTBURN: Have a natural antacid effect in the body.
- MORNING SICKNESS: Snacking on this potassium-rich fruit between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
- MOSQUITO BITES: rub the affected area with the inside of the peel.( It will reduce the swelling and irritation)
- OVERWEIGHT: Research at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found stress leads to gorging on comfort foods, so to avoid panic-induced food cravings they conclude, you need to snack on a banana to keep blood sugar levels steady.
- PMS: The vitamin B6 in this amazing fruit regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
- SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER (SAD): Can help SAD suffers because it contains the natural mood enhancer tryptophan.
- SMOKING and TOBACCO USE: Can help people trying to give up smoking. The B6 and B12, as well as the potassium and magnesium in this fruit, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawals
- STRESS: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, send oxygen to the brain and regulates your body’s water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be rebalanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
- STROKES: Eating this golden fruit as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes as much as 40%, according to research in the New England Journal of Medicine. li>
- WARTS: Take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. (Hold it in place with first aid tape)
Return to the Home Page