Top Arthritis Home Remedies
Natural Pain Relief
Slowing Down the Progression of Arthritis
Discover effective arthritis home remedies that can naturally reduce the pain of your inflammatory arthritis.
The main symptoms of osteoarthritis are pain and stiffness in your joints. Overactivity and even the weather can make the symptoms increase. Fortunately there are home arthritis remedies that can help.
Rheumatoid arthritis usually develops gradually over several months, with persistent pain and stiffness in one or more joints. Ultimately the whole body is affected.
Symptoms include anemia, colitis, constipation, deformed hands and feet.
Herbal Remedies for Arthritis Pain
If you are suffering from pain associated with arthritis, the good news is that there are some wonderful natural arthritis remedies you probably have in your home already.
The following herbs have been shown to greatly improve the symptoms of osteoarthritis. When used regularly, they are very effective arthritis home remedies.
- BLADDERWRACK: Used regularly may prevent the progress of the arthritis.
- GINSENG: This well known herb is at the top of the list of home arthritis remedies. It helps the body adapt to stress, boosts energy, strengthens and supports the immune system, and balances the body.
- COMFREY: Try a liniment made with a
of comfrey and a few drops of black pepper essential oil.
- DEVIL'S CLAW: Take a decoction or tincture for inflamed hand joints. Contains a glycoside called harpagoside that helps to reduce inflammation in joints.(Do not use in pregnancy or if you have gastritis with ulcers)
- Everflex Pain Cream: This natural pain relieving cream is wonderful. Relieves muscle and joint pain. Provides penetrating, fast-acting help.
- WILLOWBARK: The granddaddy of aspirin and many other arthritis medicines. Use in a tea.
*Additional herbs that work as natural arthritis remedies include feverfew, meadowsweet, celery seed, and white willow.
- JUNIPER OIL: Use in the bath or in a massage oil blend. It is stimulating and anti-rheumatic.
- EUCALYPTUS:: Use in a massage oil blend for osteo arthritis.
- BLACK PEPPER, PETITGRAIN, MARJORAM,and BENZOIN: Use in the bath or in a massage oil blend. Improves the circulation in the problem area and reduces stiffness.
Vitamins and Minerals
In addition to herbs, natural arthritis remedies also include vitamins a minerals. A well balanced multivitamin can greatly reduce the symptoms you are experiencing.
We use Total Balance Vitamins to support our everyday health. Not only does it help fight the effects of arthritis, but it has been designed with a combination of herbs, vitamins, minerals and amino acids that have a profound impact on the aging process.
Here are some of the vitamins and minerals that help as home arthritis remedies and are critical for fighting osteoarthritis.
- Magnesium: Required to form the synovial fluid which surrounds the joints and an adequate intake will insure health.
- VITAMIN D: Provides nutrients that support the structural system, especially the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons and skin and supports the body’s efforts in maintaining a balanced pH. 5 to 10 minutes of sunshine a day helps.
- COPPER: May help relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Some sufferers wear a copper bracelet to ease the pain.
Traditional Arthritis Home Remedies
- NETTLES TEA: The "stings" in stinging nettles contain histamine which is anti-inflammatory.
- CIDER VINEGAR and HONEY: Mix together as a tonic. Helps relieve symptoms of arthritis and reduce arthritic deposits.
- ORANGE JUICE: Drink 1 glass of fresh juice daily. Reduces the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- POMEGRANATE JUICE: Drink regularly to inhibit the induction or progression of osteoarthitis.
- HOT WATER: Healing Wrap- Wrap the area-your wrist, for example-in a bath towel. Place your wrapped wrist under a stream of hot, but not scalding, water until the towel becomes saturated. Relax and let the damp heat ease the pain until the towel begins to cool. (Can repeat the process once an hour for severe cases)
- NO POTATOES!: Try cutting out potatoes, tomatoes, or eggplants for awhile. They contain solanine, a little known inflammatory agent that can sometimes exacerbate arthritis.
If you are dealing with the effects of this disease, you will benefit greatly from these arthritis home remedies. They are safe and have none of the side effects that often are associated with medication.
*Information on this site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other medical professional.
You may also be interested in:
More Natural Ways to Address Arthritis
Recipes for Arthritis Reducing Drinks
Causes of Arthritis and Foods to Avoid
Return to Home from Arthritis Home Remedies